In 2015, the amazing Andrew Scheps opened the multitrack for Will Knox’s "Lifeboats" and took us all the way from hearing the song for the first time to a completed mix with his signature sound imprinted upon it. In addition to a fantastic sounding mix, Andrew delivers some of his most detailed explanations of his famous techniques to date.
In this Episode 4 of the Lifeboats Series, Andrew:
- Shows exactly how he sets up every mixing session to look familiar, including his template, groups, VCA’s, naming conventions, FX, busing and more.
- Gives an in-depth explanation of his famous rear bus technique
- Explains how he uses lo-fi to create unique distortion effects
- Breaks down his parallel processes such as the “Drums Dirt” bus
- Explains how he gets to know the song
- Defines “Your Job As The Mixing Engineer” and more...
Watch Andrew Scheps mix Lifeboats, only on puremix.net
Watch the rest of the Lifeboats Series here