In this pureMix.net exclusive, Grammy Award Winning Engineer, Andrew Scheps, breaks down his stylized mix of The Heavy’s “Since You’ve Been Gone”.
When The Heavy sent the multitrack over to Andrew, it had a lot of attitude and direction already baked into the recording. See how Andrew takes tones that were intentionally distorted and mangled and works to enhance the original vision of the artist to create a mix that is full of vibe and attitude.
During this two and a half hour tutorial, Andrew will show you:
- The useful difference between compression and limiting
- How to make the choice between compressing and limiting
- Highlight the unique characteristics of individual tracks
- How to tackle instruments like Baritone and Tenor Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Glockenspiel, Piano, Pipe Organs and more to work cohesively and fit into an aggressive rock mix.
- How to add density and size to drums using Andrew’s famous “Rear Bus” technique.
Learn how to enhance the artist’s vision to create a stylized, unique and exciting mix, 100% in the box, from Andrew Scheps, only on puremix.net