In this pureMix.net Exclusive, Award Winning Engineer, Brian Moncarz explains his mixing template and workflow for organizing sessions and importing his carefully selected creative array of plugins.
Throughout this video, Brian explains how he transitioned from an all analog workflow to being nearly entirely in the box, each track in detail, why he chooses to import his plugins and routing, as well as how he uses creative distortion to sculpt records with his signature sound.
See how Brian:
- Imports his template into sessions he receives to optimize his workflow so that he can be as creative as possible as quickly as possible
- Chooses between his personally tuned “Mix Bus A” and “Mix Bus B” chains
- Uses the UA Fairchild 660 and Soundtoys Radiator to add color to his mix bus
- Approaches tape saturation, mix bus compression and mix bus EQ
- Explains his multiple parallel processes in detail
- Sets up his vocal processing
After you have seen how Brian uses his template, download it for yourself and make it your own.
Watch Brian Moncarz explain his personal mixing template, only on puremix.net