When a session arrives from Zac Brown Band it already sounds 90% done - now learn how to add subtle and not-so-subtle touches to a mix that take it from good to great!
Andrew Scheps opens up his final mixing session for the song "Young and Wild" and walks you through track by track how he applied his tastes and techniques to amp up the song.
Each step along the way he shows you before and after examples of his creative processing that adds the perfect touches to complete the song's sonic vision.
In this tutorial you'll learn:
- Andrew's mixing thought process and mixing techniques
- Tricks to enhance already great sounding tracks
- How to add processing without compromising the artist's sonic direction
- Use creative routing and effects to add an extra sense of space to a mix
- See how the band uses meticulous editing to create a dynamic production
- Work with pre-written automation and also using automation to add more dynamics and excitement to the mix
Don't forget to download the exercise files and practice mixing the song for yourself! The band was gracious enough to allow pureMixers the chance to try their hand at mixing the first section (intro to the first chorus) of the song.