Watch as Producer, Engineer, and Mixer, Jacquire King, sets up the live room and control room at Flux Studios in New York City, to continue the production of Oak & Ash's first full length record, with the single "Keep The Light On"
Before getting the gear setup, Jacquire explains the history of the project, and the preproduction of the single "Keep The Light On", which they will be building in this edition of the pureMix Start To Finish Series.
See how Jacquire King:
- Discusses the history of the song and his approach to pre-production
- Plays the original demo of "Keep The Light On"
- Creates a floor plan with his assistants and Flux's Tom Beauchel for where the players and instruments will be set up
- Explains the benefits of using a cloud lifter on a ribbon microphone
- Introduces the doctor sample, which will be used as a trashy mono drum microphone
- Demonstrates an Evans Dixson Bass Drum Lift
- Patches in the inputs to the console and outboard gear
- Explains his philosophy on guitar compression
- Mics up the drum kit with engineer, Kolton Lee
Watch Jacquire King and Oak & Ash create "Keep The Light On" from Start To Finish. Only on pureMix.netFind all episodes here!