When playing an instrument or singing without computers, creativity moves at the speed of light. ill Factor knows he doesn't want to hinder his creative flow at any point and has made his room flexible enough to stay out of his way during the creation process.
In episode 1 of this pureMix.net exclusive Start To Finish Series featuring ill Factor, Jared Evan, Jimmy Douglass, and Dave Kutch ill Factor introduces us to his efficient studio setup while giving an in-depth breakdown of Ableton Live that will inspire the uninitiated and even show a few new tricks to Ableton Live experts.
Watch as ill Factor:
- Breaks down his entire studio setup from the desk to the microphone
- Explains his backstory of how he ended up using Ableton Live
- Gives a complete in-depth walkthrough of the Ableton Live interface
- Shows his creative workflow that allows him to sketch ideas in moments
- Demonstrates how he uses the Ableton Push to speed up his workflow
- Uses scale and note mode on the Ableton Push to inspire new ideas
- Shows how to use collections to organize your plug-ins, samples, instruments, and more for lightning-fast navigation
- Explains how to record audio into Ableton
Find out more about ill Factor's Beatacademy